OK, all the hire bikes are now SOLD….
but we do have a few of our ‘personal’ bikes for sale. Contact Ian on 0422 916289 or at Info@escapegoat.com.au for a view or test ride! Both bikes have Scott frame warranty.
1- Deborah’s 2014 Scott Spark 740- Medium
This was bought for Deborah in November 2013, but on the same day it turned up she found out she was pregnant, so has basically never ridden it- instead it became my ‘spare’ bike. I’ve used it occasionally for the odd race, and on the Flinders by bike loop, but it’s had very light use and is in very very good condition- the frame was protected, but it does have a few scratches, most obviously on the cranks from our bike rack.
The SCOTT Spark 740series has a super light Alloy frame, a custom FOX Nude Shock, and our Patented Twinloc technology, in combination with Traction Control, allowing for three ravel/geometry settings to always optimize your ride. It’s lightweight, durable, affordable and retains all the great geometry and ride of its carbon cousins.
• Frame: Spark Alloy / 6061 custom butted hydroformed tubes / Tapered Head Tube / IDS SL dropouts for 142 x 12mm U-Mono Link / rear PM 160 BB Height adj.
• Travel: Front 120mm Rear 120 – 85 – Climb / Shock 190 x 50
• Fork: Fox 32 Float Evolution CTD Air CTD damper with 3 modes 15mm QR axle / tapered steerer reb. Adj.
• Rear Shock: Fox Nude / SCOTT custom w. travel / geo adj CTCD 3 modes: Climb – Traction Control – Descend / reb. Adj.
• Remote System: SCOTT TwinLoc Remote Technology 3 modes front and rear
• Headset: Ritchey Pro Minus Tapered 1.5” – 1 1/8” semi integr. OD 50/61mm / ID 44/55mm
• Rear Derailleur: Shimano XT RD-M786 SGS Shadow Type / 30 Speed
• Front Derailleur: Shimano SLX FD-M670-A-E / DM
• Shifters: Shimano SLX SL-M670-I Rapidfire Plus / 2 way release Ispec clamp
• Brakes: Shimano BR-M615 Disc 180/F and 160/R mm SM-RT64 CL Rotor
• Brake Levers: Shimano BL-M615 Disc
• Crankset: Shimano XT FC-M782 hollowtech 2 40Ax30Ax22A T
• BB-Set: Shimano SM-BB71-41A / shell 41×89.5mm
• Handlebar: Syncros FL2.0 TbarAlloy 6061D.B. / T shape Flat / 9° / 700mm Syncros Pro lock-on grips
• Handlebar Stem: Syncros FL1.5 7050 Alloy / oversize 31.8mm 1-1/8” / 6° angle
• Seat Post: Syncros FL2.5 / 31.6mm
• Seat: Syncros XR2.0 / CROM rails
• Spokes: DT Swiss Champion Black 1.8mm
• Hubs: Front: Shimano HB-M618 / 15mm Rear: Shimano FH-M618 Disc CL 142 x 12mm / DT RWS axle
• Chain: Shimano CN-HG54
• Cassette: Shimano CS-HG62-10 11-36 T
• Rims: 700 series: Syncros XC37 / Eyelets / 32H
• Tyres: Schwalbe Rocket Ron / 2.25 67EPI Kevlar Bead / Dual compound Performance Series
• Weight: 700 series: 12.40 kg / 27.28 lbs
2- Ian’s 2014 Scott Scale 740- Medium
And this has been my daily ride for the last year- used mainly on our Lofty Descents and Winery tours, so it’s not had a hard life. Similar spec to the spark, a really nice race ready hardtail, and pretty light.
Again, a few scratches and stuff, but in really good condition. Bought in November 2013. saddle has a few scratches.
RRP is/was $2,599, sell for $1200. Full details from Scott website here!
The SCOTT Scale 740 Series features a super light Alloy Frame. The series comes fully equipped with a FOX CTD fork, along with our Rideloc technology to allow for three travel settings to always optimize your ride.
FRAME: Scale Alloy 6061 Custom Butted Superlight Tubing Tapered HT / BB 92 Bridgeless Seatstays Integ. Headset / replaceable hanger
FORK: Fox 32 Float Evolution CTD Air, CTD damper with 3 modes, tapered steerer reb. Adj. / 100mm travel
REMOTE SYSTEM: SCOTT Rideloc Remote Technology 3 modes
HEADSET: Ritchey Pro Minus Tapered 1.5” – 1 1/8” semi integr. OD 50/61mm / ID 44/55mm
REAR DERAILLEUR: Shimano XT RD-M781 SGS Shadow Type / 20 Speed
FRONT DERAILLEUR: Shimano SLX FD-M675-B / 34.9mm
SHIFTERS: Shimano SLX SL-M670 Rapidfire plus / 2 way release Ispec clamp
BRAKE LEVERS: Shimano BL-M615 Disc
BRAKES: Shimano BR-M615 Disc 180/F and 160/R mm SM-RT64 CL Rotor
CRANKSET: Shimano XT FC-M785 hollowtech 2 38Ax24A T
BB-SET:Shimano SM-BB71-41A / shell 41×89.5mm
HANDLEBAR: Syncros FL2.0 Tbar Alloy 6061D.B. / T shape Flat / 9° / 700mm
H’STEM: Syncros FL1.5 7050 Alloy / oversize 31.8mm 1-1/8” / 6° angle
SEATPOST: Syncros FL2.5 / 31.6mm
SEAT: Syncros XR2.0 / CROM rails
HUB (FRONT): Formula CL92
HUB (REAR): Shimano FH-M615 Disc CL
CHAIN: Shimano CN-HG54
CASSETTE: Shimano SLX CS-HG81-10 11-36 T
SPOKES: DT Swiss Champion Black 1.8mm
RIMS: Syncros XC / Eyelets / 32H 700: XC37 /
TYRES: Kenda Honey Badger 2.1