UPDATE 20 JULY 2021….
OK, here we go again! Obviously due to the current lockdown, we are at least closed until 28 July, maybe longer. All trips booked will be rescheduled, just let us know when you want to go. We will close off forward bookings for a few weeks, and update as soon as we know that things are improving.
UPDATE- 30 June 2020.
Currently all tours are running as normal, as is shuttles at Fox Creek and Eagle. Everything is OK, we are able to be more flexible with bookings currently if you are unable to make it to SA due to lockdown/border closures- our preference is to offer credit for 3 years, but if not possible we can do a refund.
UPDATED 17 December.
All tours are reopened and operating, as are skills days. As all state borders have reopened, and most restrictions are relaxed, we now feel it’s appropriate to re-open shuttles, although in a slightly smaller group size, and obviously currently Fox Creek is closed, so shuttles are at Eagle and Kersbrook. So basically everything is back on now! Get out there on the trails!
FURTHER FURTHER UPDATE 20 Nov 2020!
OK, that was the shortest harshest lockdown in Australian History! We are back open from Sunday 22 Nov! The Goat Shed is open for coffee, cake, Ice Cream and bike hire. Tours are on offer from 1 December as we’d previously cancelled everything for the next week or so! Bookings available from then onward. All other details as below.
FURTHER UPDATE 18 Nov-
OK, I may have been a bit optimistic this morning, obviously all activities cancelled for next 10 days at least. Contact us to reschedule or get credit/refund.
COVID-19 INFO UPDATE 18 November 2020!
OK, just as everything was looking good, we have a small but potentially tricky outbreak in South Australia. This has forced the SA government to introduce certain restrictions again, hopefully only temporarily for 2 weeks to allow the outbreak to be brought under control. Please note this outbreak is in Northern Adelaide in an area we don’t operate in, and we are very hopeful this will be under control very quickly.
Anyway, this does temporarily impact things, although hopefully will not affect bookings and operation in the medium term. Changes are:-
- The Goat Shed has a capacity change inside down to 7 people, takeaway coffee etc not affected, please just be aware of numbers inside. Bike hire is all still OK.
- Skills training is still OK as Outdoor Recreation and bootcamp style activities are OK. We will monitor this closely in particular for the skills day on 28 Nov. Please don’t come if unwell!
- Tours can go ahead as normal, with tours capped at 6 people in short term.
- Going forward, all bookings continue to be flexible with refund or date change. To make things easier we suggest not booking tours a long way in advance, 2 to 3 weeks in advance is fine. If concerned about specific dates please email us and we can pencil you in and save spots.
- We will continue to encourage social distancing, hand sanitation and all other things to be COVID-SAFE.
- We had considered re-introducing SHUTTLES in the near future, but have put this on hold again until this outbreak is resolved.
Ian and Deborah.
COVID-19 information – UPDATED AS OF 12 November 2020
Update in November– currently we have no community cases in South Australia, and very few restrictions, so for us there is now very few issues. We obviously will continue to recommend social distancing and cleaning, etc, but basically none of our products are currently significantly compromised, and everything is now operating! So if you can get to South Australia, you can join us!
We will continue to offer a flexible cancellation policy, so if you are unable to attend a tour due to a significant COVID event (eg state lockdown, transport restrictions etc).
We will start operating shuttle days in the very near future.
Any questions give us a yell!
Thanks to all our clients and friends over the years for your support. Obviously we are now in tricky times, and what with firstly the bushfires affecting our shuttles business, and now COVID-19 restrictions pretty much overnight stopping any visitors to the state, things are a little interesting!
Now, obviously there are current restrictions and government recommendations. The main issue up until now has been regarding transport, however as of 1 June there has been updated recommendations regarding small transport operators, and we are now able to plan limited capacities within these recommendations. We will be limiting seats, and allocating seats to customers, as well as a through cleaning regime. We are also working with our partners such as our wineries and Cleland Wildlife Park to make a smooth transition into being reopened.
So, due to social distancing public general shuttles cannot occur, but most other things can occur.
Available on limited opening via advanced booking:-
- Skills training
- Private guiding and small group rides
- Bike hire from our base in Eden Hills, to ride at Craigburn Farm, Shepherds Hill, Belair etc. Ebikes, Duallies etc all available. Please book in advance online, all bikes etc disinfected.
To be open slowly from 1 June as possible:-
- McLaren Vale Bike and Wine tour -likely from 19 June as our winery partners allow
- Lofty Descents– open from 13 June onwards
- Private shuttle groups– shuttle services for small groups with allocated seats are possible- size of group depends on group dynamics (eg couples can seat together, Friends from different households will have double seat to themselves, etc)- Please contact us direct to arrange this.
Currently still closed:-
- General shuttle days
For all bookings made during this period we will offer a full refund or credit (your choice) if an activity is cancelled due to any illness or change in COVID-19 Policies.
Obviously as soon as restrictions change and relax we will start operating as much as we can.
Fingers crossed things return to normal in a few months time, and hopefully we can at least still continue to enjoy limited access to trails nearby to keep our sanity!